Sunday, May 03, 2015

Capcom Fighting Tribute! Round 3!

I made it into UDON's latest Capcom Fighting Tribute collection!  I submitted two images and to my surprise, BOTH were selected to be in the book!  My buddy Adam also made it in!  It was good fun texting back and forth about our ideas and works in progress.  Matt Moylan is the managing editor at Udon who wrangles all the artists and organizes the contests.  The rules are clear and he always communicates things like deadlines and formats.  Much appreciated.

I'm super happy because I missed my chance to be in the Street Fighter book and after Darkstalkers and Mega Man I figure this would be my last chance to do anything Street Fighter related.  I can't post the art until after the book is released which will be this summer in San Diego.  Stay Tuned!

Link for proof!
http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/udon/capcom-fighting-tribute-winners/

*** UPDATE 6/26 ***

Matt has given the go ahead to post our work!  Check it:

"New Challengers"

"HuBiSo"

I'll have a VERY limited number of each of these prints at the show; table F5.  As in, stop by the artist tables on day one of the con if either of you that occasionally read this blog are interested.



"Extreme close up!" - please appreciate that Wayne's World quote.

just felt like snapping this pic of T.Hawk's "Thunder mug".


And here's the details about the book itself.  Lookin' forward to all the sweet stuff people contributed!


- Capcom Fighting Tribute will premiere with a limited-run convention edition hardcover at San Diego Comic-Con, July 9-12!
http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/news/round-1-of-udons-san-diego-comic-con-exclusives

- The standard edition of Capcom Fighting Tribute will be released September 2015. Links to pre-order the book at a variety of online retailers can be found here:
http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/product/capcom-fighting-tribute