Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Print!

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! My posting has been very sporadic so I appreciate anyone taking the time to stop by and say a few words - thanks!

I have a good excuse though - a little game called GTA came out not too long ago and basically jammed up my whole creative flow. It's a welcome jam up though. And by "jam up" I do mean "jam up". Like cars turned into 2 ton coffins-on-wheels type jam ups :)

But I found some time over a long weekend to tighten up my Deathproof image and test out the printer. Maybe a little later I'll break down and post a few of the color choices I'm trying to decide on.

Here's a little "evolution" of Lee's mug:


She was the second hardest for me with Zoe taking the crown. I'll tell ya, putting this little image together didn't actually make me feel good. I'm happy with the final version, but looking back I feel like I can't draw at all. It takes a lot of re-working and decision making. My brain almost thinks exclusively in 2D. I'm not thinking about the form or volume of her head, I'm thinking about lines and how a farther eye should look like this and slide the mouth around on her face til it feels right. It's all just pieces and lines and weird shapes I hum and haw about until I'm happy. Ah, I guess I can't be too hard on myself - Abernathy came out great on the first go. It's all about process baby. Just weird to see horrible drawings lined up that don't seem to get any better. I wonder if I rely on the computer to a fault...

In general, I wanted something clean with some style and as I got closer I started to second guess myself. I just felt like it's too simple. There's not enough shading or texture or I should rough it up some how. Would anyone besides me appreciate the colors? Interesting mental conflict. Then I printed it out at 13" x 19" and wow it was clean and sharp. Kinda neat to see it bigger and bold. Makes more of a statement in some way. Like "I ain't afraid that this is completely flat fool!"

Jeez I talk a lot... I know, I know - shut up and make with the art right? :)

7 comments:

DJ Smack Mackey said...

I think you had the mouth right two versions the the right. She keeps her mouth kinda tight. The mouth you have right now makes her look a little too much like Abernathy I think.

Miah Alcorn said...

Love the final colors man... and don't feel like your alone on the second guessing thing... I think we all do that dude... well at least I do. Keep up the great stuff and say hey to all the gang in Chi-town for me. Later tater

Alina Chau said...

THat looks GREAT!

natur line Sex said...

THese are great!
Congratulations!

crylic said...

Man, it's all that internal back and forth that make us what we are...neurotic! haha, i kid...or do I? Always awesome to see your process man, props to you for that!

Jade said...

I love love your Death Proof print...do you sell copies?

gujyfikghkj said...

美女聊天室,18禁,美女自拍,美女自拍,美女聊天室聊天,免費聊天,免費視訊,一對一視訊,一對多視訊,聊天人緣,談情說愛,成人視訊,影音視訊聊天室,相片,靚辣妹群,成人,成人影城,成人影片,線上成人影片,18成人,18禁