Monday, May 28, 2007

dug up doodle

I know there's been a lot of time between my posts lately - sorry 'bout that. Thanks to the few people that seem to stop back every now and then to leave a comment!

As of late I've been preparing for San Diego again this year! Another sketch/art book is in the works. It's getting closer and I'm getting more excited. I think finally all the details are squared away - hotel, flight, exhibitor table, sellers permit, etc. I'll flyin' out with the "Brazilian wonder" and splittin' a table with the "Puerto Rican powerhouse". Most of the Chicago crew should be re-collected on the west coast again. I hope we all have somethin' to show off and/or sell. Months are ticking away!

I'll post details about the new book pretty soon I hope. Maybe a sneak peek at a page or two...

Oh, but I wanted to post this long overdue doodle. Jeff, Mike, Mike and I threw down at a drawing jam with Scotty Young and his gang a while back. I thought I'd go to check it out even though I'm not much of a comic book guy. So the gimmick that night was a mixed bag. Everyone had to pick a random comic book and draw the main character. I got a fellow named "Grim Jack" from the Marvel Universe and after a couple doodles I worked out this...uh, FINAL doodle...


10 comments:

Animal Qwacker said...

I needs me a copy of that new sketchbook Bob!
I also needs me a hotel, flight and table (maybe) to San Diego.
'Cause I'm looking into going now and stuff.
Hope to see ya there!

Edward said...

Nice sketch, good to see a new post. I will also be at the comic con on Saturday, I'll make sure to stop on through. See ya there!

Jeff Williams said...

If I remember correctly, you and I were sharing the same prized nugget of table space that night. Next time I'll remember to bring my miners helmet so I can use it's head-mounted light to see what the eff I'm drawing.

Kevin Barber said...

Great take on that character. Looking forward to your book .

Clinton said...

Awesome artwork on this blog!

crylic said...

Thats the goods, keep em coming bob.

Alina Chau said...

Wicked awesome character!! V FUN attitude!

.:CHAOSBOY:. said...

Whoa your artworks are great!
Very cool blog.

Kei Phillips said...

thanks 4 the comment on my blog, ur work is really cool, love the sketches! very nice... i'll come by again soon :D

Heidi Smith said...

Really cool character!!! I love the style!