Sunday, December 10, 2006

Gimme a hug.


Don't you just wish you had chainsaws for arms?

I probably had 15 or so doodles of my noggin but scanning and assembly is a lotta work at 3 am. Hope this preliminary concept suffices :) I don't like all the negative white space when you see the small image here on the blog. When you click it and it's just an image surrounded by white I accept it much more. The wide open saw-arms just made some awkward space issues. I tried blowin' up the background texture to fill some space but I liked keeping it smaller and tighter.

7 comments:

DJ Smack Mackey said...

I think the nipple rings are a nice touch. They look like the end of the starter cord for the saws.

Anonymous said...

ahaha..this is great. love the expression and that running pose!

Dave Pryor said...

Those rough drawing are very "Ren Hoek" looking - very crazy and insane. How can anyone not like 'em!!!

I am ashamed to admit that I did not see the pull starts until I saw someone comment on them. I feel like a dope. A great idea if you're going to have chainsaw hands. I can't think of anywhere else the pullstarts would go. Well, maybe I can, but I wouldn't want to reach in there ;)

Claudio Cerri said...

Beautiful character!! Very odd and interesting!

joonasjoonas said...

you're right, it would be cool to have chainsaws for arms. But wait, how could you draw?

The character has great crazyness in it. great.

Anonymous said...

I love the crazy smile and eyes. Nice work!!!

Tom Twolan said...

haha its like a step up from bruce cambell its a cool UPA sytle, only problem is when chainsaw hands need to deal with the washroom, lol.