Sunday, October 08, 2006

Head poppin' fun!



This is my piece for Outsider Art this week where the topic was "kiddie cage match".

Usually with these weekly projects I have a direction I want to go or something I want to experiment with but this week I was lucky enough just to get a sketch. The colors were especially tough. The more I worked in Flash the more they boiled down to oranges and purples. I like the contrast, I just wish I had a better mental color image from the start. I also debated about the blood. I was going to tone it down - maybe erase it from the goons face? Too much? In the end I left it all - the sprays and splatters were just part of the fun so even if it weakens the image (or turns people off) it sorta represents my original drawing. So what have we learned? Violence = fun.

7 comments:

Kanishka. Muthuthanthri said...

HE HE Funny stuff Man :oD

Sorry I could not contact you sooner

Thanks for stoping by

Yeah Animation Mentor keeps me quite busy these days. Its main focus is Animation and it keeps me at focus which is very cool

Oh yeah Dan told me you guys were good friends. He s relly cool too.
You guys Rock Dude

I ll be in touch

Keep rocking out there Bob

Kanishka

Alina Chau said...

fun illo!

Animal Qwacker said...

Awesome spurtiness!

Michael Stadler said...

I like the sketch of this alot. I love seeing the process.
Sick! BoB

AstroGuaje said...

Awesome style¡¡¡

Jav said...

Man its so tough for me to get that right "mental color image" too...
I usually end up playing around a bunch in p-shop after the Flash stage... Came out fun! love the texture shadows around his waistline...

Kevin Barber said...

Cool Bobio. great colors, texture and shapes.I appreciate when you describe your working and thought process behind each peice. Especially when you reveal the areas you struggle a little with. Very informative. Thanks for the honesty.