Friday, September 01, 2006

Fixer upper


In kindergarten I remember explaining that "I wanted to be a robot builder and do art on the side." Yep, my whole life was squared away by recess.

Later I learned that I didn't have the desire to be an engineer and learn all sorts of complicated math and science. I didn't even like doing my times tables so why would I want to do it for a living? Still love robots though, so it looks like I'm livin' plan B - which was really plan A all along anyway.

Bonus points if you recall the toy robot my drawing is loosely based off of. It's an oldie I had when I was a tot and earlier versions existed as far back as the 60s.

9 comments:

Chingyi said...

cool drawing, i'm starting to like robtos :)
nice blog, i like your style a lot, i'll be back for more!

Kevin Barber said...

Big fan of this one. Love it. It's not too late. Go to Radio Shack and get started.

justinpatrickparpan said...

Swell work as always!

Alina Chau said...

COOL robot!! Love the story moment and personality!

Martin Hsu said...

ok i get no bonus points for guess what the robot is based off of, but it's frikkin rad! really dig this sketch bob.. im sure your robot instructor would've been very proud of you!

milo said...

You have some great work here! Look forward to seeing more!;O)

Goro said...

Gread drawing!

Alikins said...

SO cute! the pic & the story behind it! ;)
Was it Mr. Machine???

boob said...

Mr. Machine it is indeed!

Thanks for kind words guys! Just remember - robots are people too ;)