Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Thumb wrestling champion


Here's somethin' I pulled together over the weekend. The theme at work was "Pirates vs. Zombies" and Marshall actually had the same thumb wrestling idea. Pirates would win hands down. I don't know why I drew the zombies in the socks and underwear - that's just how I imagined them. Don't ask.

Coloring is always the funnest part for me. I don't usually have an idea of color when I'm drawing. It kinda just happens when I sit down at the computer and start playing. And once I have a couple colors I like, I'll try to play remaining colors off each other. What balances what works well together - really just trying to keep it appealing and not clash unless it's intentional. But I don't have much color theory in my head so it's all sorta made up as I go.

Anyway, my buddy Kurt found this picture of Ernest Borgnine that reminded him of the pirate here. Creepy similarities. Creepy pic. Kreep-EE.

9 comments:

Animal Qwacker said...

That pic is awesome Bob!
The colors are perfect.
You sure you didn't have a little Ernest B. crawling around the back o' your brain? That IS creepy, yet hilarious.

Kevin Barber said...

Great peice, great borgnine !!

Miah Alcorn said...

It's the mismatched socks on the zombie that sells it for me man! Love the zombie's eyes popping out of his head too! Great job as usual Mr.Boob!

ChewBloggers said...

ERNIE!!! there ain't many people that can subconsciously or otherwise pull a borgnine out of a hat...masterful piece, b...

~JM

dex mission said...

this...is really, really, REALLY funny. id love to have a print of this. any chance that you make them, lemme know.

very cool stuff :)

crylic said...

aww man, i got a new desktop...great colors and man, thats a hilarious topic...SWEET!

Alina Chau said...

THESE ROCKS!! AWESOME CHARACTER!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

No one will ever know exactly why or how.But by the year 2050,everyone born in Baltimore will look exactly like Ernest Borgnine.

"For Christsakes ! We're all Ernest Borgnines !"


Great piccy too !

Yavuz said...

that´s so amazing. thumps up!!!!