Friday, June 23, 2006

Proof!

I received my sketchbook proof in the mail today and it turned out pretty fantastic! I'm super pleased especially after my first printer bailed on me...

The cover has a correction (I missed erasing a few specks of color down by the bottom - barely noticable) and the only other thing is that I wish the sketches came out darker. I LOVE the color in the book though, I just wish the col-erase blues and reds reproduced darker. Partly my fault for not adjusting them more in Photoshop. A minor complaint though. I'd rather have the sketches lighter and the color elsewhere lookin' good. But yeah - I think everything turned out great otherwise. A big THANKS to Animal Qwacker who pointed me to www.rapidpod.com - nothing but a pleasure to work with. Quality, sevice and price. Anywhere else that combo is impossible.


Now that it's in my hands the cover feels a bit plain to me. I mean, I was going for simple and stylish but I wonder if I didn't go far enough. Ah, no bother - live 'n' learn is what I always say... :)

7 comments:

Jeff Williams said...

Fantastic Bob. Bring it in Monday. I want a look-see.

I'm really diggin' the simplicity of the cover.

Animal Qwacker said...

Don't forget folks, you can get your very own shiny new copy at the San Diego Comic Con next month!
Bob will be crammed into table E-6 with about twenty other artists!

Dan Segarra said...

The inside is as good as the outside. Very nicely put together and inspiring work throughout the book Bob. I'll take 2 please. :)

DJ Smack Mackey said...

When the hell are you and Ryan gonna get on myspace already?

Marshall Bock said...

I can say I am the proud owner of one of Bob's books, and it's a doozy, lemme tell ya. Great stuff, man. Good luck in SD next week. Hope you sell a ton.

enzo avolio said...

Very nice work.
Great designs.

Kevin Barber said...

Bob's book is a sweet treat. It will not give you paper cuts like some other books would. For this reason i highly endorse the art of Bob book.