Monday, May 15, 2006

Dash of color


Here's a girlie I finished from a post a while back. Some thick 'n' thin and a splash of color. I included the sketches that I posted before so you can see the evolution. Some rough stuff but I'm pleased with the result. Real interesting though. I can't believe some of the choices I made in the middle drawing. I remember thinking that it was a good drawing when I did it only a few months ago. In my own defense, I did try to crank out as many clean line girls in different poses as I could in one night. Sounds like an excuse to me. Oh, really Bob? Yeah - really, Bob.
:)

Anyway, I had a blast with color. I whipped through 30 sheets of me layin' down all sorts of yellow strokes with marker. Scribbles, swoops, flowy type stuff - fun! You can't see the marker detail here, but I hope ya can with a 300 dpi print. I ended up using some black "Marks-A-Lot" strokes that I colored yellow in Photoshop. Just had that brush sorta quality that I liked more compared to the other Prismacolor doodles.

7 comments:

Dave Pryor said...

Cool Bob - Cool.

I'm glad you pointed out the brushstrokes - I did see them upon close inspection - NICE!

Miah Alcorn said...

Man... I'm lovin' those brushstrokes Bob! Design's oh so nice too man.... How's things in ol Chicago? Hopefully great. Keep up the great stuff sir!

Edward said...

Cool Stuff bob. I hadn't realized you had posted on my blog a while back. Really nice stuff you got going on here. I'll add you on to my blog links if you don't mind.

Jason Dai said...

...boobie
very nice, bob. hawt!

Don Dixon's Blog said...

Man! I havent been checking out the blogs enough, if you hadnt stopped by mine I would have missed ur goodness! Great stuff.

DJ Smack Mackey said...

Bob....seriously...would you give up this silly dream of being an artist already and do something with your life? I mean, come on. You have such talent as a robot, and you're wasting it on these doodles of yours. Makes me sad. Makes me very very sad.

Edward said...

Dude, I totally agree with you on the He-Man subject. That cartoon was really what inspired me to draw when I was 5 years old. Its probably why I still draw muscle bound geeks. And its really great to hear old stories from Louise while she worked at Filmation. I think she was there from 1968-1986. Old School Rocks!