Monday, April 03, 2006

Take it off!


So there's this giant-sized Johnny Depp poster outside of Sammy Chu's cube at work right? And occasionally an annoymous post-it will decorate him with a funny quote or joke. Well someone put up a drawing of some cowboy guy (sorta like Boss Hog) yelling "Take it off!" in a word balloon. So for whatever reason I decided to do the same... Just havin' fun comin' up with different designs for this lude cowboy. And what's more fun than drawing on post-its? :)

Oh, and Javi's latest post reminded me about San Diego! I hope to have a sketchbook together to sell at this year's con along with a bunch of my friends. So that could put a damper in future posts - I'll still try to keep 'em regular though.

So I gotta ask - would any of you guys plunk down $5-10 for a collection of my dribbles? Or maybe trade for a half eaten sandwich?

11 comments:

Dan Segarra said...

A lot of nice flowing lines and variation of shapes! Nice Bob, I like these dudes!

SteveLambe said...

$5? You know what that is.....BARGIN!!
How about the book AND a half eaten sandwich......delicious.

Those post-its are awesome. The more to cover up Johnny Depp big puss,the better. Too bad Sam's gonna know it's you know ;)

BLECHA! said...

Hell yeah- I'd buy one!

Cool yer gonna be at Comicon this year. We could maybe swap books...

I self published a book last year for CC- A Field Guide to Midwest Monsters.

You might dig it since you live in Chicago. I'm originally from Wisconsin.

CarolineJarvis said...

Great doodles man!

Miah Alcorn said...

Man these are great Bob! The guy in the upper left and the guy with the megaphone are my favs. Great stuff sir!

Dave Pryor said...

I like all of them. I'm sure that Sam saw these and took the poster down right away. She's very cooperative like that.

justinpatrickparpan said...

Man, these are really cool!

Rob Corley said...

Bob;
These are hilarious designs man! it would be nice to see some of them in color.......what are you waiting for???? Keep it funny my friend!!
Rob

CountChadula said...

does the sandwaich have mayo perhaps? then, yes!!
put if i have no sandwich, i would easily drop 10-20$, especially if you stuffed it with things just like this, showing either lots of sketches for one concept, or beginning to end process stuff. i find it much more interesting to see how someone's mind works thoughout a project, or to see how broad they think with one concept. but that's just me. other people are content with just a book of dingle drawings

CountChadula said...

SINGLE!!! Ssssingle drawings... stupid keyboards with their s's and d's so close together.

Darryl Young said...

You can count me in for the half eaten sandwich trade, looking forward to SD and all you kooky WMS'ers :)