Friday, April 21, 2006

For fun

Here's a sketch of me and my friend Kurt. I'll leave it on his desk tomorrow morning. He's been cryin' lately that he doesn't get to draw as much anymore at work. Like a baby ;) We can laugh about it, but it pains me cause he's a great artist and animator. So anyway, I tried to parody the "meeting with the Bobs" scene in "Office Space" cause, ya know - my name is Bob an' all...
He's impossible to draw as I quickly found out. At first I thought I'd draw Kurt angry at me in the image - so that explains the grimaces. Then I thought I'd put big glasses on him that magnified his eyes like the Milton character in the movie. I tried a comic booky look, I tried some annoyed anime styles. The funny thing is, I convinced myself that each drawing looked like Kurt. "Yep, that's him. But maybe I'll try one more for good measure..." and ultimately none really work. I settled on a simplified anime mug but it's still not right for my liking. So much so I had to write "Kurt" on his shirt and that made me laugh so everything felt okay in the end.

9 comments:

justinpatrickparpan said...

"What would you say you do here?"

Ive been asked that a few dozens times. Nice drawings, really entertaining stuff!

CarolineJarvis said...

Isn't it weird that as soon as ya leave school and start working all of a sudden theres dust collecting on the sketchbooks. I hear all the time... I wish I drew more. Sooo bizarre.

Great sketch btw!

Kipp Schell said...

hahah awesome stuff, love the office space ref.

St John Street said...

hey Boob long time no see thought I'd stop in and hey hi looks great well take care!!!!

ladymandelyn said...

Tee hee hee, that doesn't look like Kurt at all. No sir. But that's o.k. I tried to draw Kurt once. It eventually turned into a drawing of a roast beef sandwich. No resemblance at all to Kurt, but looked delicious non-the-less.
I love that you are still drawing, keep it up.

C.Bryant said...

Bob...Beautiful blog... I have put a Link underneath an image yours in my blog Perejilpuntocom,

Greetings :)

Kevin Barber said...

The best vesion is the Manga Kurt you went with in your final. Funny stuffs.

Alina Chau said...

That's very nice of you to cheer your friend up!! Great drawings!!

Ben Reynolds said...

Cool drawings man! office space is hilarious...good job!