Monday, January 16, 2006

Pictionary - Round One.

What happens when ya get a buncha artists together to play a game based on speed and clarity? Well the following images are the result. Skill and simplicity usually go right out the window and I'm fascinated by everyone's thought process!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Bambi"

There was a mix up on this one but that fat head would have given it away in a heartbeat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"caveman"

Ya can't much get more elegant than this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"daycare"

Wow. It worked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"flash"

Man this was gold. Too bad I only got as far as the second image before the other team guessed correctly having drawn a lighning bolt first. What was I thinking?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Golden Gate Bridge"

A couple bridge depictions with completely different shapes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"honeymoon"

You can tell by his expression that the bear in question has been caught red handed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"horse race"

Fracella's drawing before and after Sam's "My-Little-Ponyfication" I believe Cella used similar tactics in the later word, "boat race" :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An assortment of "kangaroo" and "Jello".

Would Bill Cosby holding a pudding pop have been easier? No way, but quite possibly even more entertaining.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"lazy"

I love that this simple pose embodies laziness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"liposuction"

And here we have two completely different ideas. Syphoning fat through a straw...hmmm...I wonder how much a job like that pays.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"offroad vehicle"

Dan's truck here can also flatten buildings and pave six lane highways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure the word here was "pentagon" but this looks more like a 6-sided nut and the Washington Monument.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"San Andreas Fault"

This was voted too hard to do right from the get go and in protest Ryan quickly mocked up a fissure right through the state of California. To me it looked more like a hamster drinking.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"square foot"

This was for all the marbles. Both teams were tied at the last space on the gameboard. Dan and I. Mono E. Mono. For whatever reason Dan decided to draw a rectangle.

Team Blanka with the win.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"strawberry"

I'm amazed how very similar these strawberries are from opposing teams. It all hinged on who could speckle those seeds on first!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"third world"

This musta taken me the whole timer to draw. I used bowling trophies to illustrate first, second, and third, then coupled with the completely accurate world map and we got it. There was some dispute over roman numerals which I have a very hard time understanding Dan :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"unkown"

Before I decided to scan this one I found myself turning the page in several complete circles trying to figure out what the word was here. My best guess is "San Diego". If the real artist is out though please claim this masterpiece.

And there you have it! Just some of the highlights. Hope ya all had fun - Until next round!

5 comments:

Dave Pryor said...

Man - that was awesome fun. I hope to play again sometime soon.

Kudos to you for exhibiting all these masterpieces. Everyone wins in Pictionary!

Sammy Chu ^_^ said...

I love them!!!! My favorite is daycare!

I dunno how sam did it and after much dilebartion in the hallway, she ended up doing what she had planned and it worked!

I dunno how but it did!!!

But the best was when I blacked out and couldn't read "seance". In my head 'shee-ance' kept convincing me that's the way to pronounce it---> oh the pressure of the constant beeping!

Alina Chau said...

HA!! HA!! THat's a fun game!! You guys got some nice doodles there!! LOL

Jeff Williams said...

http://john-nevarez.blogspot.com/

Most recent post.

Seventh link down from the top.

Niiiiiiice!

Gerald said...

These are all great pictionary sketches! Looks and sounds like you guys/gals had a blast. Liposuction was hilarious...not sure any other way to sketch it out for pictionary?! hahaha.