Monday, December 05, 2005

Somethin' a bit more comic booky



Here's Casey Jones from the Ninja Turtles as a girl. One of those, "turn a guy character into a girl" themes. I wanted to make her this raver-type punk chick and I knew I wanted plenty of black. At some point I wasn't too happy with the colors - it lost the feel I was trying for - this punk feel I guess. I ended up going with more monotone colors and jacking up the saturation and contrast. I blew out the original pencils and I got something I remember being really happy with. In the end it made me feel like this was sorta like a bad xeroxed flyer. Like the kind you'd see all over store fronts and alleyways advertising some band at some bar. Or maybe for some sorta rave thing. Only thing I don't like is that the linework gets lost. I lost a lot of the details but I came closer to the image I had in mind.

4 comments:

WillRyan said...

I don't think I've ever seen anything like those pencils outta ya Bob. Continually impressive as always. I agree with you, I wish some of those lines would come back in the final, even it was just faintly neon pink bits of 'em.

St John Street said...

man the pencil sketch is off the hook I love it.

Alina Chau said...

cooool drawings!

Mark McDonnell said...

Wicked. Very scary Quiet Riotish . . . and I mean that in a very VERY good way. Nice man.

MAC