Friday, November 18, 2005

Fun with phobias!



All artwork (I'm pretty sure) © 2005-2006 Bob Rissetto

There are some ridiculous phobias out there. Officially documented and everything. Plenty of material for some fun drawings. I wanted these pics to be 100% Wacom, but after some serious trial and error, I still resorted to the "digital brick" (mouse). I'm sure it's pretty apparent where I used the mouse and where I used the tablet. Hopefully I'll stick with the Wacom, but I don't mind just using it as another tool when needed.

Didn't get to clean up the last image but I wasn't too keen on the bearded guy's design. At least you can see how the sketches started though!

12 comments:

Jeff Williams said...

Booby! I like the idea here. It would be a great little demo reel animation too. The super loose coloring job is awesome too. Nice nice.

Hope you're enjoying your time off.....and practicing your Cassy-andra.

Dave Pryor said...

I like the idea here where the problem creates the pose. The image of the guy with the peanut butter - how his head is curved at the back moving into his straight body - unusual but very appropriate for this particular situation - breaking from the trational line of action in the entire body. The guy is pretty funny.

I can see handing these panphlets out at the doctor's office.

Alina Chau said...

These new drawings are GREAT!

Miah Alcorn said...

These are friggin' sweet Bob! Just great man. Love the how the fills break the lines. Yous da man..... uh man!

Chuck said...

Nice use of the block colors! I never had problem wearing wool, but that image almost convinced me to an anxiety attack! Great stuff!

Mike Owens said...

Are you going to do anyhing with these? A book? A series of paintings?
I would pay actual money for something like that.

boob said...

Glad you all like!

Mike, those are definitely ideas that crossed my mind. There's plenty of material to draw from. I'll put it on the shelf with the other project ideas collecting dust... :)

As soon as I mature enough to stay focused on something I'll get to finishing things.

Dan Segarra said...

Mature enough...? Your an animator Bob... mature isn't very common in this field. ;)

Love the pogonophobia the best!

Gerald said...

That wool phobia is hilarious. Nice job. I like those characters a lot.

Kyle Marshall said...

I see I am a little late on this post, but this is my first time here, and I had to comment on these 3 specific drawings. Great work man.

ragnar said...

Very nice.

Jess said...

Lol, I like the peanut butter phobia best. Awesome work.