Sunday, October 09, 2005

Red Rocker vs. Blue Bomber

All artwork probably © 2005-2006 Bob Rissetto

Good vs. Evil. Red vs. Blue. Robot vs. Robot - a historic rivalry. My buddy Dan and I have been playing a lotta Fight Night 2001 at work so I like to imagine myself as the Blue Bot in this pic and Dan as the Red Bot. Surprisingly, Dan imagines it the same way...

This was a labor of love well after midnight on Thursday (Friday morning) last week. Somehow I managed to stay up late late and bust out the crayons for fun. 96 count from the local Jewel... I roughed out the designs and layed down the wax on separate sheets of paper per character and scanned/composited them all together in one sitting which I'm pretty proud of from a working standpoint. Color tweaks at lunch on Friday.

7 comments:

Dave Pryor said...

Obviously, that Red robot should have ducked left.

Interesting to hear the process. Wax paper in layers? Sounds like an interesting technique. Why not everything colored right on the paper?

I colored an entire Donkey Kong coloring book with crayons back in 1982.

Nice pose! I also like the impact effect.

Dave

Jav said...

Yeah Bob,
Nice to see posts of actually tangible, traditionally done art!
Makes me wanna color somethin in crayon.
Nice approach... way to flex that creative muscle!
Now, on to digital retouching!!
You cant escape it, its a disease...

Gerald said...

Now that is some good use of exageration in both poses. That technique with the crayons worked out very well. You make me want to run out to the store and pick up a box set (the one with a crayon sharpener included).

SteveLambe said...

Whip Bam...BOOM!

Awesome, Bob!!

Alina Chau said...

cool drawing!!

Alina Chau said...

cool drawing!!

Manuela said...

This egg is super :P