Saturday, October 15, 2005

I will still kill bill.


All artwork probably © 2005-2006 Bob Rissetto

I saw Kill Bill 5 times in the theater and I'm not crazy about seeing the same movie multiple times at $10 a pop. Really a favorite of mine. I watched volume 1 the other day lookin' for some characters to redesign. More like stylize I guess because she's pretty much still the same. Gogo is great but I already have this image of what Gogo looks like animated. I'll post that next as long as the shared author doesn't mind... :) I really wanted to doodle up Elle Driver (with the nurses outfit and eye patch) but I wasn't "feelin' it" - same with O-ren. Then I found some images of Pai Mei who'd make for a great animated character! Anyway...enjoy.

8 comments:

Dave Pryor said...

Hey! Nice pose and styling. That Uma is a hard one to capture. The most unusual face. Not a direct caricature of her here - but you took her and made her your own.

You make me want to watch Kill Bill again right now.

Dave

Alina Chau said...

Love your kill bill drawings!! They are awesome!

Jeff Williams said...

Still love the Bride here Bob. It's a great piece. I could last week's topic every week.

Sammy Chu ^_^ said...

Woohoo! She's lookin great and maybe your illustration is better than the real deal! Don't tell Ryan!

Gerald said...

OMG...I should have scrolled down further...there's more! I forget - this was all cleaned/colored in Illustrator right? This one is Fantastic. I could not agree with you more on watching Kill Bill a hundread + times...I love the training sequence in Kill Bill 2. See what you did? Now I have to pop in "Master Killer" tonight.

boob said...

Gerald: If I go the vector route, it's always Flash for me. God Bless that wonderful wonderful program. A buncha miracle makers at Macromedia.

Bruno Werneck said...

lxBob. this kill bill stuff is awesome!
why are you holding them back for ?!

Emir said...

Love the kill bill. Did I mention the drawing is ill.