Wednesday, October 05, 2005

From the vault...



By popular demand I dug up some old J.J. fish doodles. J.J.'s one-liner "short" is well over four years old now. I don't like the animation quite so much anymore, but the memories will always be there. In the animation J.J. spouts a line I pulled off an old Beck album: "C'mon mothafucker - put some clothes on, c'mon!" and it graced my demo reel later in summer of 2001. The image of this foul mouth fish and the dialog got stuck in a lotta people's heads and I was just happy people actually remembered my reel because of it. Someday I'll figure out how to post some animation here.

If not for that doodle (which I wish I had) from Dave back at MPS, J.J. wouldn't be around. That's the kinda spark, I like in this industry. Now if I could just get paid to snowball ideas with my friends...

3 comments:

Dave Pryor said...

Thanks Bob. I know you did that one for me.

It made me do a quick sketch last night (not the best) of a bastard snail character friend for JJ. I guess you could call him S#!tty Snail or something.

Those guys could just swear at each other all day. Kind of an "adult" Spongebob.

Alina Chau said...

Love the fish!! HE ! HE!!

diosaperdida said...

I love fish, and I really think this guy is great!